On Friday Xinyuan Real Estate Co., Ltd. (NYSE:XIN) stock price moved down at -1.1%. Its total market capitalization is $519143949. Its day lowest price is $6.3 and its hit its day highest price at $6.93. The stock recent volume is 669899 shares in comparison to its average trading volume of 566434 shares. Looking at the stock’s price level on the past 52-week graph, XIN recorded a 52-week high of $8.29 and its 52-week low of $4.26.
Xinyuan Real Estate Co., Ltd. (NYSE:XIN) today declared its unaudited financial results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2017.
Mr. Yong Zhang, Xinyuan’s Chairman, comented, “We are pleased to see strong growth in contract sales during the fourth quarter despite ongoing restrictive government policies impacting China’s overall housing market. Thanks to steady demand at our active projects, contract sales in this quarter grew to US$802 million, or over RMB5.4 billion, above the high end of our guidance range of RMB4.6 billion to RMB 4.8 billion. This consequently drove our full-year contract sales growth to 40.0% from the previous year, above our guidance range of 35% to 37%.”
Fourth Quarter 2017 Highlights
- Contract sales increased 72.4% to US$802.4 million from US$465.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2016 and increased 32.7% from US$604.5 million in the third quarter of 2017.
- Total revenue increased 44.3% to US$729.0 million from US$505.3 million in the fourth quarter of 2016 and increased 51.1% from US$482.4 million in the third quarter of 2017.
- Gross profit increased 40.3% to US$177.9 million, or 24.4% of total revenue, from US$126.8 million, or 25.1% of total revenue, in the fourth quarter of 2016 and increased 63.5% from US$108.8 million, or 22.6% of total revenue, in the third quarter of 2017.
- Selling, General and Administrative (“SG&A”) expenses as a percentage of total revenue increased to 10.6% from 10.4% in the fourth quarter of 2016 and is the same with 10.6% in the third quarter of 2017.
- Net income increased 110.2% to US$35.1 million compared from US$16.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2016, and increased 112.7% from US$16.5 million in the third quarter of 2017.
- Diluted net earnings per American Depositary Share (“ADS”) attributable to shareholders were US$0.47 compared to US$0.18 in the fourth quarter of 2016 and US$0.22 in the third quarter of 2017.
Full Year 2017 Highlights
- For the year ended December 31, 2017, contract sales increased 40.0% to US$2,466.0 million from US$1,761.7 million in 2016. GFA sales increased 21.1% to 1,363,600 square meters from 1,126,100 square meters in 2016.
- Total revenues increased 26.8% to US$1,980.2 million from US$1,561.6 million in 2016.
- Gross profit was US$457.3 million, or 23.1% of revenue in 2017, compared to a gross profit of US$358.0 million, or 22.9% of revenue in 2016.
- SG&A expenses were US$211.6 million, or 10.7% of revenue in 2017, compared to US$178.6 million, or 11.4% of revenue in 2016.
- Net income was US$79.8 million in 2017 compared to US$79.5 million in 2016. Diluted earnings per ADS were US$0.94 in 2017 compared to US$1.06 per ADS in 2016.
Xinyuan Real Estate Co., Ltd. (NYSE:XIN) also today reported that its Board of Directors has declared a cash dividend for the fourth quarter of 2017 of US$0.05 per common share, or US$0.10 per American Depositary Share (“ADS”), which will be payable before March 15, 2018 to shareholders of record as of February 28, 2018.
Xinyuan Real Estate Co., Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, develops residential real estate properties for middle income consumers in the People’s Republic of China and the United States. It develops residential projects, such as multi-layer apartment buildings, sub-high-rise apartment buildings, or high-rise apartment buildings; auxiliary services and amenities, including retail outlets, leisure and health facilities, kindergartens, and schools; and small scale residential properties, as well as office, mixed-use, and commercial properties.